ACTFL members: recommend membership to others and earn big rewards
ACTFL Member Surveys repeatedly confirm that the leading reason people join the association is because a colleague or mentor recommended it. As you know, ACTFL membership conveys prestige and ensures that you can stay up-to-date on the latest in language education. Now you can share the love with your colleagues and associated language professionals and get your own rewards for doing so!
ACTFL members that recommend membership to a non-member can earn gifts like free ACTFL publications or gift cards to use anywhere credit cards are accepted!
Recommend ACTFL to a Colleague
Recommend ACTFL membership to a non-member colleague and if they successfully join referencing your ACTFL member ID, you will be eligible to win the ACTFL publication of your choosing! Recommend 5 members and receive a $25 gift card or other great gifts!
Referring a New Member is Easy
- Find a person you think would be perfect for ACTFL.
- Share your ACTFL number with them. To find the location of your member number, log in here. (Your member number will be displayed next to “My ACTFL Number.”)
- Direct the person to join here. Make sure they enter your ACTFL Member ID in the joining process.
- Upon a successful joining process*, you receive credit for the referral!
What can you get for recruiting a new ACTFL member?
|Number of membership recommendations (cumulative)
|1 member (per month)
|Entered to win your choice of any ACTFL book (1 winner/mo.; 1 entry per recruit)
|5 members (per fiscal year: July 1-June 30)
|$25 VISA gift card
|10 members (per fiscal year)
|$50 VISA gift card
|20 members (grand prize!)
|Free ACTFL Preferred (up to $325 value) membership for referrer the following year
Top Monthly Ambassador
Will You Be the Next Top Ambassador? The Top Monthly Ambassador recognizes the ACTFL member who had the most referrals for a given month. Don’t wait. Refer, earn and get recognized for it! Congratulations to Cynthia Romero Devine from Robbinsville High School in New Jersey, our Top Monthly Ambassador!
Getting Started as a Star Recruiter
Need help recruiting? Here are some resources to get you started on your rewards journey!
Hi [Your Colleague’s Name]
I’m reaching out today regarding ACTFL. I am a current member, and I find the peer network, publications, professional development programs, and on-demand resources indispensable to my work. I believe you would also benefit from being part of this incredible community
ACTFL is a network of 11,000+ world language educators and the peer community is like no other. Everyone I’ve met through ACTFL is willing to share their experiences and offer guidance.
ACTFL delivers the latest strategies and techniques based on research to advance professional development. ACTFL’s publications elevate understanding and support for the value of language learning at all levels of instruction. ACTFL can help you find your dream job and advance your career in language education. We have diverse resources that you can use to expand your skills, grow your network, and find new jobs and volunteer opportunities.
As you know, our work in world language education is always evolving. ACTFL has helped me learn new strategies and techniques to use in the classroom. The peer network and ACTFL’s knowledgeable staff are like an extension of our team and allows us to do more and have a greater impact.
I can also introduce you to Meghan Grenda, ACTFL Membership Manager, who can schedule a time with you to provide a detailed overview of all of ACTFL’s offerings and explore how they can be most helpful to you.
If you would like to go ahead and join today, please join here; Be sure to enter my ACTFL number or my email when prompted. My member number is [Your ACTFL Member Number].
I truly believe you would benefit from ACTFL’s community, programs, and resources. Let me know how I can help you learn more.
All the best,
ACTFL offers many benefits to educators at all levels
Our membership department is here to help!
- Recruiters must be ACTFL members in good standing at any membership level.
- Recruits must be NEW members (not renewals) or RE-JOINING members whose membership has not been active for 12 calendar months at time of re-join.
- Maximum VISA gift card amount per recruiter per fiscal year (July 1-June 30) is $200.
- Free ACTFL membership is at Preferred (choice of Pref. Pub. or Pref. PD) level of membership for one year, beginning at date of renewal.
- Recruits must reference Recruiter email or ACTFL ID # at time of join. No retroactive referrals allowed.
- "Membership" means that a New member has joined and paid in full.
*A member is considered successfully referred after their dues are paid in full. Terms, rewards, and rules subject to change.