The Language Educator Magazine
ACTFL's official quarterly magazine
The Language Educator (TLE) is the official quarterly magazine for ACTFL members that provides educators of all languages at all levels with a single, comprehensive source of news and information.
For the newest educators as well as those with years of experience, The Language Educator (TLE) has been recognized as the most knowledgeable resource focusing on the profession.
Get your copy!
Make sure you don’t miss any issues of TLE—join ACTFL today! ACTFL members receive a print copy quarterly along with 24/7 access to the digital library of issues with BONUS content.
- Exciting new programs and best practices being used across the country and around the world
- Technology advances in language education
- The hot news in early language learning and brain research
- The latest developments at colleges and universities
- State and federal legislation and tips for advocacy
- Interviews with prominent individuals about world language teaching and learning
- Information that educators of every language at any level will find useful in the classroom immediately
PLUS: A full menu of regular features!
You Can Participate in TLE
TLE needs you! There are several ways to share your expertise:
Each issue features double-blind, peer-reviewed articles on important aspects of language teaching and learning.
Upload your best photo illustrating language learning here—if we use it on the cover, you will receive photo credit!
We invite the submission of articles written by language educators and administrators that explore an issue, highlight a unique program, or enlighten the reader. We also welcome any information communicating language-related news to our audience.
Download the TLE mobile app
Search your favorite app store for ACTFL The Language Educator and take your issue on the go!