Interested authors/editors submit:
- A CV or resume
- The ACTFL proposal form
- At least one sample chapter
Submitters will receive an automated confirmation at the conclusion of the online submission process, and initial feedback will be sent within six weeks. Within four to six weeks, authors receive feedback from ACTFL regarding the status of the manuscript.
Submitted proposals are reviewed by two experts in the field, to answer the following questions:
- Does the proposed manuscript make an original contribution to the field?
- Does the proposed manuscript support ACTFL’s mission?
- Is the proposed book sufficiently different – and better – than the competitor books to warrant publication?
- Are all of the topics that should be included in this type of book adequately covered?
- Is the writing style and the reading level satisfactory and appropriate for the intended audience?
- Is the content appropriate for the audience, course, and/or level?
In some cases, a third reviewer may also be engaged to review the submission. Eligible reviewers are current ACTFL members, editors of Foreign Language Annals, and/or members of ACTFL’s committees.