Procedures for Nomination
- ACTFL and Modern Language Journal will advertise the award widely and ACTFL will solicit nominations for the award from editors of relevant North American journals (such as, but not limited to, Applied Language Learning, Applied Linguistics, CALICO Journal, Canadian Modern Language Review, Foreign Language Annals, French Review, Hispania, Japanese Language and Literature, Journal of Chinese Language Teachers Association, Language Learning, Language Learning and Technology, Modern Language Journal, Studies in Second Language Acquisition, TESOL Quarterly, Unterrichtspraxis/Teaching German). Each editor may submit up to three nominations.
- The recipient is not required to be an ACTFL member nor a subscriber to the MLJ.
- The nomination dossier must include the following documents (in order):
- Letter of support by the nominating editor.
- Article for consideration.
- Complete nomination dossiers must be submitted to ACTFL in one PDF file by the deadline.