- About ACTFL
- Convention & Expo
- Assessment & PD
- Want to Publish with ACTFL?
- All Available Books
- All Available eBooks
- High-Leverage Teaching Practices
- Implementing Integrated Performance Assessment
- Raising Global Children
- The Keys to Assessing Language Performance
- The Keys to Planning for Learning
- The Keys to the Classroom
- Words and Actions
- ACTFL Publication Proposal Form
- ACTFL SmartBrief
The ACTFL Assessment of Performance toward Proficiency in Languages (AAPPL) is unlike any other assessment. AAPPL Measure addresses the World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages and uses today’s communication media in which test takers perform tasks such as participating in a virtual video chat, creating wikis, e-mailing, and using apps to demonstrate language ability.
Language and Modes of Communication
The AAPPL Measure assesses the following modes of communication:
- Interpersonal Listening/Speaking
- Presentational Writing
- Interpretive Reading and Listening
The AAPPL Measure is available in Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and ESL. Click here for more information.
ACTFL is committed to making the AAPPL test experience available to as many people as possible. For 2017 the AAPPL team is introducing a process whereby languages not listed above may be requested for consideration as part of a fast-track development approach that would involve the cooperation of the district requesting.