- About ACTFL
- Convention & Expo
- Assessment & PD
Assessments & The ACTFL Testing Office
Did you know that...
- ACTFL offers oral proficiency testing in more than 100 languages and ACTFL writing proficiency testing in 18 languages?
- The ACTFL Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI), the ACTFL Writing Proficiency (WPT) the ACTFL Reading Proficiency Test (RPT), the ACTFL Listening Proficiency Test (LTP) and the ACTFL Oral Proficiency Interview Computer Test (OPIc) are recommended for college credit by the American Council on Education (ACE)?
- ACTFL provides testing support for the U.S. Department of Defense and conducts testing according to the US Government’s ILR scale?
- The ACTFL OPI and WPT are recognized by more than 20 state certification boards for teacher licensure?
- NCATE minimal requirements can be demonstrated through the ACTFL Proficiency Guidelines, ACTFL OPI, OPIc and Advanced Level Check?
ACTFL Assessments and the ACTFL Testing Office (LTI)
ACTFL currently offers a number of options for assessing (interpersonal) speaking, (interpretive) reading and listening and (presentational) writing skills. ACTFL assessments determine functional language ability as described in the ACTFL Proficiency Guidelines. The ACTFL Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) and the ACTFL Advanced Level Check are conducted and rated by certified ACTFL OPI testers. The ACTFL OPIc is rated by certified OPIc raters, The ACTFL Writing Proficiency Test (WPT) is rated by certified ACTFL WPT raters.
ACTFL proficiency tests are currently being used worldwide by academic institutions, government agencies and private corporations for purposes such as: academic placement, student assessment, program evaluation, professional certification, hiring, and promotional qualification. Teacher certification boards in more than 20 states require evidence of spoken and/or written language competency as demonstrated through official ACTFL ratings. More than 200,000 ACTFL tests are conducted yearly through LTI, the ACTFL Testing office.