- About ACTFL
- Convention & Expo
- Assessment & PD
- Want to Publish with ACTFL?
- All Available Books
- All Available eBooks
- High-Leverage Teaching Practices
- Implementing Integrated Performance Assessment
- Raising Global Children
- The Keys to Assessing Language Performance
- The Keys to Planning for Learning
- The Keys to the Classroom
- Words and Actions
- ACTFL Publication Proposal Form
- ACTFL SmartBrief
Special Focus Topics for Future Issues of The Language Educator
In 2017, the staff of The Language Educator (TLE) and ACTFL are once again looking forward to presenting more excellent and thought-provoking articles in upcoming issues of the magazine. To this end, we are planning to include a “focus topic” section for each of the four issues of TLE published in 2017. We are calling for innovative and cutting-edge article submissions coming from varied perspectives related to the topic—reflecting different levels, languages, methods, backgrounds, opinions, and experiences. The articles in this focus section will again be double-blind reviewed by two language education experts, in addition to TLE and ACTFL staff.
We invite your submissions, but please note:
- We urge you to submit original, previously unpublished articles for these issues directly using the online form. You will upload your article directly to the site for a specific issue, and you can find more information about formatting and content.
- Only articles submitted for the focus topic sections will go through a peer-review process.
- If you would like to submit an article for consideration for The Language Educator that is not meant for a special focus topic section, please upload it here.
- Focus topic articles, while peer-reviewed, should still follow The Language Educator Author Guidelines and should be written in the style of a magazine feature article, with direct quotes from multiple primary sources and intended to appeal to educators of all languages at all levels. They should not be narrowly focused research articles or dissertations with literature reviews, etc. Please do not submit a paper that is meant for an academic journal; we suggest you send these to Foreign Language Annals.