- About ACTFL
- Convention & Expo
- Assessment & PD
- Want to Publish with ACTFL?
- All Available Books
- All Available eBooks
- High-Leverage Teaching Practices
- Implementing Integrated Performance Assessment
- Raising Global Children
- The Keys to Assessing Language Performance
- The Keys to Planning for Learning
- The Keys to the Classroom
- Words and Actions
- ACTFL Publication Proposal Form
- ACTFL SmartBrief
Foreign Language Teaching Methods Online
The American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) and Weber State University (Ogden, UT) have developed an Online teaching methods course that reflects state-of-the-art research and practice in language education. This course is offered through WSU Online. For information concerning registration or to see an outline and syllabus, go to: http://www.weber.edu/ForeignLanguages/Onlinemethods.html.
Several audiences have been identified for this course:
- Undergraduate, pre-service foreign language teachers who do not have access to a foreign language teaching methods course at a time or place convenient to them.
- Teachers holding a Bachelor’s degree who are seeking endorsement or meeting certification requirements and do not have access to a foreign language teaching methods course at a time or place convenient to them.
Both undergraduate and graduate credit is available through Weber State University.
Individuals may enroll independently and receive credit from WSU, which can be transferred to their own institutions.
For additional information, please visit: http://www.weber.edu/ForeignLanguages/Onlinemethods.html.
This project was funded through a grant from the U.S. Department of Education.