- About ACTFL
- Convention & Expo
- Assessment & PD
- Want to Publish with ACTFL?
- All Available Books
- All Available eBooks
- High-Leverage Teaching Practices
- Implementing Integrated Performance Assessment
- Raising Global Children
- The Keys to Assessing Language Performance
- The Keys to Planning for Learning
- The Keys to the Classroom
- Words and Actions
- ACTFL Publication Proposal Form
- ACTFL SmartBrief
ACTFL Arabic Special Interest Group (SIG)
Formed in Nov. 2008, the ACTFL Arabic SIG’s mission is:
- To provide a professional network for Arabic language educators K-16;
- To promote the teaching and learning of the Arabic language and cultures; and
- To provide a forum in which to highlight the contributions of Arabic language educators to the field of world language and cultures education in America.
To this end, we provide a professional space for discussion of relevant and important topics that advance the cause of teaching and learning Arabic. These topics include best practices and approaches, latest research, and resources and opportunities for professional development. We also pursue our mission by serving as the Arabic language education community’s voice within the larger ACTFL organization, and as a liaison with other professional organizations whose mission it is to support the needs of Arabic language education K-16 in the United States.
Chair: Georges Chahwan, Choate Rosemary Hall
Vice-Chair: Fadi Abughoush, Lindblom Math & Science Academy
Secretary: Karim Mouhib, University Of Massachusetts Boston
Arabic SIG email address: email@example.com
|Read minutes from previous SIG business meetings.||Access the Arabic SIG Online Community eGroup.||View links of interest to Arabic SIG members.|
If you are already a member of ACTFL and wish to join this SIG, contact us. ACTFL membership includes one free SIG; individuals may join additional SIGs for $5 per year per SIG.