- About ACTFL
- Convention & Expo
- Assessment & PD
Welcome to the ACTFL AAS SIG!
The AAS SIG offers a network for educators of world languages (of all ethnicities). We are dedicated to promoting world languages amongst African American students. AAS allows us to coalesce, share our successes, learn from our challenges and pave the road for those who will come behind us.
Vision: To promote world language study amongst African-American students.
- To provide a public forum and a network for the discussion of issues relating to African American students and their needs as language learners.
- To promote educational access for African American students.
- To promote enrollment and retention of African American language learners.
- To promote African-heritage content in courses and instructional materials.
- To promote curriculum reform.
- To promote publications related to the AAS mission.
- To create a strategic plan to increase African American attendance at the ACTFL.
Chair: Euphemia Lewis, Auburn University
Vice-Chair: Arayna Yearwood
Secretary: Melanie Mello, Chandler High School
|Read minutes from previous SIG business meetings.||Access the AAS SIG Online Community eGroup.||View links of interest to AAS SIG members.|
In addition, the AAS SIG will post a newsletter on the website. This will keep members abreast. There is a wealth of information related to the AAS SIG mission at www.weboaal.com.
If you are already a member of ACTFL and wish to join this SIG, contact us. ACTFL membership includes one free SIG; individuals may join additional SIGs for $5 per year per SIG.