- About ACTFL
- Convention & Expo
- Assessment & PD
- Want to Publish with ACTFL?
- All Available Books
- All Available eBooks
- High-Leverage Teaching Practices
- Implementing Integrated Performance Assessment
- Raising Global Children
- The Keys to Assessing Language Performance
- The Keys to Planning for Learning
- The Keys to the Classroom
- Words and Actions
- ACTFL Publication Proposal Form
- ACTFL SmartBrief
ACTFL launched its 50th year celebration with an event honoring the leadership of ACTFL over the course of its history. This event was held on Thursday, Nov. 17, 2016, at the Westin Boston Waterfront Hotel. At the event, ACTFL unveiled A History of ACTFL, a comprehensive history written by Past-President Robert Terry.
Speakers included current and past ACTFL leaders: Marty Abbott, Paul Garcia, Eileen Glisan, Pete Swanson, Elvira Swender, Robert Terry, Ted Zarrow, Helene Zimmer-Loew, and Rosemary Feal, Executive Director of the Modern Language Association. View Event Program (PDF)
ACTFL also premiered a commemorative video featuring Robert Terry; 2006 ACTFL National Language Teacher of the Year Ken Stewart; Executive Director Marty Abbott; and the late Leo Benardo, who served as ACTFL President in 1969.