- About ACTFL
- Convention & Expo
- Assessment & PD
- Want to Publish with ACTFL?
- All Available Books
- All Available eBooks
- High-Leverage Teaching Practices
- Implementing Integrated Performance Assessment
- Raising Global Children
- The Keys to Assessing Language Performance
- The Keys to Planning for Learning
- The Keys to the Classroom
- Words and Actions
- ACTFL Publication Proposal Form
- ACTFL SmartBrief
2016 Annual Convention and World Languages Expo
November 18-20, 2016
Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, Boston, MA
(Pre-Convention Workshops – November 17, 2016)
The ACTFL Annual Convention and World Languages Expo is an international event bringing together more than 6,000 language educators from all languages, levels, and assignments.
- Video of keynote address by Mike Walsh ACTFL MEMBERS ONLY
- Handouts FAQs
- Online Convention Program
- Download 2016 Convention Program (PDF)
- Certificate of Attendance (PDF)
- PDU Form (PDF)
Were presenters required to post their handouts in the Online Convention Program and mobile app?
No, presenters had the option to upload handouts. ACTFL cannot make it mandatory for presenters to do so because some presenters do not wish to make their content public.
How do I access the handouts for a presentation that I attended?
- If a PDF file was successfully uploaded, attendees can access presenters' handouts by going to the Online Convention Program.
- Click on the desired session. A blue "Handout" link will be visible for presentations where handouts have been uploaded. Once you click on the link, the PDF document will download to your computer. Presenters were given the option to upload handouts, therefore handouts may not be available for certain presentations.
- If viewing the handout in the ACTFL mobile app, search for the presentation and click on the paperclip icon that says “Handout”. Be sure to re-sync the mobile app by clicking the circular arrow icon in the upper right-hand corner on the homepage of the app.
How do I upload my handouts to make them public to attendees through the Online Convention Program and in the mobile app?
- Go to the Online Convention Program.
- Sign in with your ACTFL Online user credentials (you cannot be logged into both the ACTFL website, actfl.org, and the Online Convention Program at the same time).
- You will be in your Ready Room and will see your presentation listing. Next to it there will be a blue button that says "Submit Handout(s)".
- You must upload a PDF file (Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Prezi files cannot be uploaded). Handouts will not be made public on the ACTFL Mobile App and Online Convention Program until the week of Convention beginning Monday, November 14, 2016.
- Presenters can upload handouts before, while at, and after the Convention.