France Langue teacher of French refresher course scholarship: Three (3) two-week scholarships for a French as a foreign language teacher refresher course. The courses are designed primarily for non-native French teachers. 2022 course dates: Nice: July 11-22, Bordeaux: July 25 – August 5, Biarritz: August 8-19. A limit of one winner per city, applicants must indicate preference. The course includes 20 lessons of general French + 6 lessons of thematic workshops of reflection and exchange in which you will be requested both in writing and orally. Teachers are encouraged to reflect on their teaching methods and to share teaching ideas and experiences with teachers from other cultures. The program is supplemented by cultural activities and discovery of the city in the chosen region (museum visits, city tours, evening outings, excursions).
France Langue located on the French Riviera, in the south of France belongs to a network of French Language training schools located in 4 beautiful cities in France and the Caribbean:
- Nice, a symbol of the art of living in the South of France, ideally located on the French Riviera between the Mediterranean Sea and the Alps
- Bordeaux, an UNESCO World Heritage Site for its exceptional urban unity
- Biarritz, opened to the Atlantic Ocean, along the Basque coast, a prestigious seaside resort, the surfing capital of Europe
The scholarship includes:
- Admin Fee
The scholarship winner is responsible for all travel and accommodation to France, meals, and any personal expenses and optional activities.
To be eligible an applicant must be:
- Current ACTFL member (membership must be paid through March 2022 to be eligible)
- French Educator
- An individual whose first language is not French but who has a sufficiently advanced proficiency level in French to be able to profit from the course of study (not a native speaker or at the advanced, superior, or distinguished levels of proficiency)
- Able to demonstrate a high level of interest and motivation for the course of study offered
- Willing to share the experience gained with colleagues and others
ACTFL has the right to provide your name and contact information to the scholarship provider.
Additional information about France Langue: http://www.france-langue.com/nice/
Please note: you must be logged in to access the application form. You can request your username or reset your password if you cannot remember your login information.
Two letters of support must be submitted on your behalf. Please share the link below with a colleague or supervisor to complete by the application deadline.
Application Form Recommendation Form
The deadline to apply for this award is March 16, 2022. Applicants will be notified of a decision by the end of April 2022.
Further questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The programs described on this page are provided solely for the information of ACTFL members. These are not ACTFL programs, and they have not been subjected to any review or vetting by ACTFL. Their presence here does not constitute an endorsement by ACTFL. One can apply for multiple scholarships. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Previous winners of a scholarship are not eligible to apply for the same scholarship.