Preparing for the AAPPL: Feedforward in Presentational Writing
Facilitator-in-Training: Dr. Najeh Abu-Orabi
Date: Tuesday, March 19, 2024 at 12:00pm – 1:30pm Eastern Time
Together we will explore the tools and practices that support and develop the Feedforward in Presentational Writing in Novice, Intermediate and Advanced levels to support students’ progress in Presentational Writing and to make sure that their performances are on the targeted levels. This Webinar will focus on:
- The differences between Achievement, Performance and Proficiency
- AAPPL Score Descriptions Presentational Writing and Strategies.
- Creating Tasks in Presentational Writing.
- Moving from Feedback to Feedforward.
- Activities and Strategies for using Feedforward: Students group work, changing the introduction of Presentational Writing Tasks to ideas & questions and brainstorming.
Najeh Abu-Orabi holds a bachelor's degree in Arabic language, a master's degree in language and grammar, and a Ph.D. in Arabic language curricula and teaching methods. He began teaching Arabic to non-L1 speakers in 1995 at Yarmouk University. Since then, Najeh has worked in a number of universities, institutes and programs as a part-time lecturer, visiting lecturer, and visiting guest in Arabic for both L1 and non-L1 speakers. Some of the universities where he has worked include: The University of Jordan, University of Virginia, Monterey Institute - California, Princess Sumaya University, German Jordanian University, and the CIEE Program.
Since 2007, he has been working as the Director of Arabic Language Programs at CIEE. He is a certified tester and rater in OPI, OPIc and AAPPL ACTFL, and works as Quality Assurance Advisor for OPI and AAPPL in Arabic language.