I understand that as the ACTFL National Language Teacher of the Year, I will serve in the following roles:
- Act as a spokesperson for the language profession and ACTFL by attending conferences, giving presentations, and making personal appearances at various events as permitted by my teaching schedule.
- Notify the Language Connects Foundation (LCF) Team if I plan to attend public events in my role as Teacher of the Year outside of the regional conferences (Central States, NECTFL, PNCFL, SCOLT, SWCOLT) to ensure alignment and transparency.
- Attend the ACTFL Convention as the immediate past Teacher of the Year, attend the Assembly of Delegates (AOD) luncheon with finalists and provide remarks.
- Attend the annual Teacher of the Year reception during Convention, as the immediate past Teacher of the Year.
- Provide a first-person account of my experience as ACTFL National Language Teacher of the Year when invited and/or requested.
- Participate in one or more virtual introductory meetings with rising Teacher of the Year regional finalists as well as other aspiring language educators and champions, facilitated by the LCF Team.