Procedures for Nomination
- Nominations and self-nominations may be made only by ACTFL members.
- The nomination dossier must include the following documents (in order):
- A simple cover letter introducing the nominee and the other dossier materials to follow, signed by a nominating ACTFL member.
- Curriculum vitae of the candidate (not to exceed 10 pages).
- No more than three letters of support clearly explaining the rationale for the choice of this individual (from colleagues, students, or others indicating the nominee's excellence as a teacher and/or professional leader in world language education).
- Other supporting documentation not to exceed 10 pages (e.g., photos, artifacts from teaching, evidence of leadership, etc.) that documents evidence of the nominee's leadership, such as membership, active participation, and/or holding office in world language organizations, work on committees, significant publications, conference presentations, and other organizational activities (see rubric for specific criteria and indicators).
- Complete nomination dossiers must be submitted to ACTFL in one PDF file by the deadline.
- No member or officer of the ACTFL Board of Directors may write a letter of support for any award nominee or actively shepherd the nomination of an award candidate.
- No member or officer of the ACTFL Board of Directors, or contracted employee is eligible for nomination for any award while holding these positions.