Procedures for Nomination
- Include the following items in the nominating dossier (in order):
- A simple cover letter introducing the nominee and other dossier materials to follow from the school or institution, or in the case of self-nominations by instructors, a nominating sheet from an officer of the school or institution.
- Curriculum vitae of the candidate (not to exceed 10 pages).
- No more than three letters of support clearly explaining the rationale for the choice of this candidate (from colleagues, students, or others who have benefited from the nominee's contributions).
- Other supporting documentation not to exceed 10 pages (e.g., photos, artifacts from teaching, multimedia documentation, etc.) that documents evidence of the use and integration of technology into their world language course(s), including a rationale for the use of technology, and how its use helped students attain the goals of the course. (see rubric for specific criteria and indicators).
- Complete nomination dossiers must be submitted to ACTFL in one PDF file by the deadline. Any media documentation must be included in the PDF as an openly accessible link.
- No member or officer of the ACTFL Board of Directors may write a letter of support for any award nominee or actively shepherd the nomination of an award candidate. If a dossier packet is resubmitted that contains a support letter written prior to the establishment of these guidelines, that letter will be removed from the packet by the Committee Chair.
- No member or officer of the ACTFL Board of Directors, or contracted employee is eligible for nomination for any award while holding these positions.