Procedures for Nomination
- Nominations and self-nominations may be made only by ACTFL members.
- The nomination dossier must include the following documents (in order):
- A simple cover letter introducing the nominee and the other dossier materials to follow, signed by a nominating ACTFL member.
- Curriculum vitae of the candidate (not to exceed 10 pages).
- No more than three letters of support clearly explaining the rationale for the choice of this individual (from colleagues, students, or others who have benefited from the nominee's teaching and/or contributions).
- Other supporting documentation not to exceed 10 pages (e.g., photos, artifacts from teaching, evidence of leadership, etc.) that documents evidence of excellence in teaching of culture in world language education at the local, state, regional, national, and international levels (see rubric for specific criteria and indicators).
- Complete nomination dossiers must be submitted to ACTFL in one PDF file by the deadline.
- No member or officer of the ACTFL Board of Directors may write a letter of support for any award nominee or actively shepherd the nomination of an award candidate. If a dossier packet is resubmitted that contains a support letter written prior to the establishment of these guidelines, that letter will be removed from the packet by the Committee Chair.
- No member or officer of the ACTFL Board of Directors, or contracted employee is eligible for nomination for any award while holding these positions.