- About ACTFL
- Convention & Expo
- Assessment & PD
- Want to Publish with ACTFL?
- All Available Books
- All Available eBooks
- High-Leverage Teaching Practices
- Implementing Integrated Performance Assessment
- Raising Global Children
- The Keys to Assessing Language Performance
- The Keys to Planning for Learning
- The Keys to the Classroom
- Words and Actions
- ACTFL Publication Proposal Form
- ACTFL SmartBrief
ACTFL/CAEP Program Reviewers
As a member of the Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), which was formerly National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), ACTFL invites individuals to apply to become program reviewers. Program reviewers are educated to examine the reports and data submitted by institutions seeking CAEP recognition of their foreign language teacher education programs through ACTFL. Serving in this capacity is a professional service, and there is no remuneration to reviewers or to ACTFL.
Upon successful completion of a one-day training workshop, held prior to the ACTFL Annual Convention, individuals will be assigned by CAEP to a three-person program review team. One member of the team is designated the lead reviewer and is responsible for compiling the review of the program report for submission to ACTFL/CAEP. The entire review is conducted online. No travel is required. Reviewers agree to participate in at least one review per semester.
Who may apply:
- Educators from schools, universities or colleges/departments of education, departments of languages, cultures, and literatures in a variety of institutions. Program reviewers should reflect a range of language, ethnic, and experiential backgrounds.
Term of service:
- 3-years, renewable based on satisfactory performance and update training.
How to apply:
- Log into the ACTFL website and complete the application below, accompanied by an abbreviated curriculum vitae outlining experience relevant to program review and/or teacher education, and upload two letters of recommendation that address the applicant’s ability to make program judgments.
For further information, please contact Teresa Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACTFL/CAEP PROGRAM REVIEWER WORKSHOP
This workshop will examine the ACTFL/CAEP Report as it is written by faculty members in programs that prepare world language teachers and as it is reviewed by ACTFL reviewers. Participants who are faced with the task/opportunity to write their program's report will view the report components in detail, learning what constitutes a successful report leading to national recognition from ACTFL. Participants who are interested in becoming reviewers of reports will learn how to analyze and review a submitted report in order to determine the appropriate recognition decision and provide support to the program. The workshop will first focus on how to write the report (9 - noon). From 1 PM until 5 PM the workshop will focus on reviewer education with hands-on work with actual reports. Potential program reviewers will spend all day in the workshop, and a box lunch will be provided for them.
The full-day reviewer workshop is open only to those who have applied or plan to apply to be ACTFL/CAEP Program Reviewers.
The morning writers’ workshop is open to anyone who wants to learn how to write the ACTFL/CAEP Program Report.