- About ACTFL
- Convention & Expo
- Assessment & PD
- Want to Publish with ACTFL?
- All Available Books
- All Available eBooks
- High-Leverage Teaching Practices
- Implementing Integrated Performance Assessment
- Raising Global Children
- The Keys to Assessing Language Performance
- The Keys to Planning for Learning
- The Keys to the Classroom
- Words and Actions
- ACTFL Publication Proposal Form
- ACTFL SmartBrief
Assessment & Professional Development
ACTFL Professional Development Services Empowering Language Educators Through Collaboration
ACTFL provides services that respond to your needs and are focused on:
- Implementing Standards for Learning Languages
- Using assessment to inform instruction, backward-design units, and guide program development
- Developing and reviewing curriculum
- Using effective, Standards-based teaching strategies
- Incorporating technology tools for 21st century learning
- Integrating Standards into teacher preparation programs
ACTFL provides services in multiple formats:
- On-site workshops and facilitation
- Videoconference sessions for coaching and follow-up
- Online webinars and learning modules
ACTFL provides professional development for language educators at all levels teaching learners in early language programs, elementary grades, middle school, senior high, and postsecondary or government programs.
ACTFL organizes and schedules Proficiency Assessment Workshops at different locations across the country. Individual academic institutions may also schedule Assessment Workshops on-site. These workshops introduce participants to the concepts and strategies for assessing functional language ability, through the Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) , or Proficiency Tests for Writing, Reading, or Listening. OPI and Modified OPI Assessment Workshops serve as the first step toward OPI tester certification.
Contact ACTFL firstname.lastname@example.org for further details and to arrange proficiency workshops.
ACTFL Workshops for Curriculum, Instruction, and Performance Assessment
Contact ACTFL to plan professional development customized to support the goals and needs of the educators participating as well as of the program of your institution or organization. The most effective professional learning is ongoing, job-embedded, flexible, and participatory. Consider a combination of ACTFL on-site workshops, archived webinars, and coaching via videoconferences.
Contact Paul Sandrock to create your professional development plan. ACTFL resources and presenters are ready to support your Professional Learning Communities.
Program Review Services
As a member of the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), ACTFL invites individuals to apply to become program reviewers. Program reviewers are trained to examine the reports and data submitted by institutions seeking CAEP recognition of their foreign language teacher education programs.
K-12 Language Programs
ACTFL provides customized consultation and review services to K-12 language programs in the areas of curriculum, assessment practices, program effectiveness, and use of assessment data.