- About ACTFL
- Convention & Expo
- Assessment & PD
The Language Educator
The New Resource for Language Professionals
The American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages is proud to offer The Language Educator, a publication for ACTFL members that provides educators of all languages at all levels with a single, comprehensive source of news and information. As the professional association serving this broad education community, ACTFL has the breadth of resources necessary to assure comprehensive and timely coverage of all aspects of language teaching and administration. For the newest educators as well those with years of experience, The Language Educator has been recognized as the most knowledgeable resource focusing on the profession. The magazine is published every January, February, April, August, October and November.
A complimentary subscription to The Language Educator is included with ACTFL membership. Make sure you don’t miss future issues of the most talked about publication in the profession; join ACTFL today!
From ACTFL—the only national organization serving educators of all languages at all levels—an attractive and informative magazine offering comprehensive coverage of important trends and developments in language education:
TLE is now online!
- Exciting new programs and practices being used around the country
- Technology advances in language education
- The hot news in early language learning and brain research
- Latest developments at colleges and universities
- What's happening in state and federal legislation and tips for advocacy
Q&A interviews with prominent individuals related to language learning
Join the TLE Discussion!
- Advice for travel and study abroad
Every issue of The Language Educator includes feature articles on important developments in language teaching and learning. Special emphasis is placed on new technology, innovative programs, and all levels of education from early language learning through postsecondary study. This is the one resource that language education professionals seek out for new ideas, better methods, career planning and program materials.
PLUS: A full menu of regular departments:
- Perspective: An editorial on the most important language issues today
- Inside ACTFL: An update from the organization representing educators at all levels
- Legislative Look: Policy and legislation at the national, state, and local levels
- Breaking News: Language news from around the world
- In the Classroom: Teaching tips, new ideas, best practices
- Web Watch: Online resources for language educators and learners
- Tech Talk: How technology affects language educators today, with a focus on new software and hardware, innovative methods
- The Savvy Traveler: Advice for how to make overseas travel and study a great success for educators and students
- So You Say: A dialogue with our readers giving professional feedback on current issues