- About ACTFL
- Convention & Expo
- Assessment & PD
France Langue French Teacher Refresher Course Scholarship
France Langue has been specializing in teaching French as a foreing language for 38 years. They are dedicated to bringing high quality French language training programs to students and professionals of 100 nationalities. The first concerns at France Langue are the students’ well-being and language improvement. They have succeeded in creating a friendly atmosphere in their schools, in building a modern and innovative pedagogical approach, in giving personalized attention to the academic, professional and personal goals of the students, in offering a wide choice of cultural and leisure activities to our students.
France Langue Nice teacher of French refresher course scholarship: Two-week scholarship for a French as a foreign language teacher refresher course at France Langue Nice. The scholarship includes registration and tuition for two weeks (26 lessons per week). Session Dates for the summer of 2015: July 6 –July 17.
France Langue Nice located on the French Riviera, in the south of France belongs to a network of French Language training schools located in 4 beautiful cities in France and the Caribbean:
- Paris, the French capital with unparalleled artistic and cultural influence
- Nice, a symbol of the art of living in the South of France, ideally located on the French Riviera between the Mediterranean Sea and the Alps
- Bordeaux, an UNESCO World Heritage Site for its exceptional urban unity
- Biarritz, opened to the Atlantic Ocean, along the Basque coast, a prestigious seaside resort, the surfing capital of Europe
- Fort de France, Martinique, a paradise island set in the French Caribbean
The scholarship includes:
- Learning material
The scholarship winner is responsible for all travel and accommodation in Nice, France and any personal expenses and optional activities.
To be eligible a candidate must be:
- A current ACTFL member
- An individual whose first language is not French but who has a sufficiently advanced proficiency level in French to be able to profit from the course of study
- A teacher or future teacher of French at the junior high school or high school level
- Able to demonstrate a high level of interest and motivation for the course of study offered
- Able to show institutional support, through a letter of support
- Willing to share the experience gained with colleagues and others
Additional details can be obtained by contacting the Director of Studies at France Langue, Nadine Vallejos at:
The deadline for this award is March 31, 2015.
Further questions? ACTFL Contact Jocelyn Hofstede at 703-894-2900 Ext 108.
The programs described on this page are provided solely for the information of ACTFL members. These are not ACTFL programs, and they have not been subjected to any review or vetting by ACTFL. Their presence here does not constitute an endorsement by ACTFL. One can apply for multiple scholarships. Incomplete applications will not be considered.