- About ACTFL
- Convention & Expo
- Assessment & PD
Why Book in the ACTFL Block?
Room rates offered for the ACTFL Convention are very competitive. We encourage you to utilize ACTFL’s room block.
- Booking rooms outside the block can hurt ACTFL financially. ACTFL sets aside room blocks in hotels to guarantee that attendees will have a room available during the Convention. Room blocks also guarantee to the host city that several thousand of their hotel rooms will be booked. If ACTFL doesn’t fill its room block commitment, there are severe financial penalties.
- Reduced room reservations give ACTFL less bargaining power for future years and also increase the cost for the rental of the convention center and meeting space at the headquarter hotel. These penalties ultimately could be passed on to attendees through increased registration fees as well as room rates.
- Online discount sites may charge your credit card for your entire stay as soon as you make your reservation. By making your reservation through ACTFL, you are required to give a credit card but your card will not be charged one night's room and tax deposit before October 28, 2014.
- Some of the online discount sites are not as accommodating, charging additional fees or charging for days you will no longer be staying at the hotel. As long as you cancel within 72 hours prior to arrival, you will not be charged one night’s room and tax by your confirmed hotel.
- Avoid the scammers. If you book online through ACTFL’s housing bureau you will avoid being scammed by a company promising things they cannot deliver.