- About ACTFL
- Convention & Expo
- Assessment & PD
Arab Academy Scholarship
Arab Academy provides the world's leading online and onsite Arabic instruction programs for institutions, individuals and public organizations. Arab Academy was founded in 1997 and is based out of Cairo, Egypt.
- Online Courses:
Arab academy boasts the most extensive library of online Modern Standard Arabic and Egyptian colloquial Arabic courses available anywhere in the world. We cater to students of all age groups, language levels, and areas of interest. Arab Academy's online Arabic lessons provide students with a truly comprehensive experience, similar to an actual Arabic language immersion program. In addition to the online material, expert teachers will provide you with the 1 on 1 attention to quickly improve your spoken Arabic.
- Onsite Courses:
Arab Academy's Arabic language center offers classes for students of all proficiency levels. Whether you are a total beginner, or a really advanced speaker of Arabic, you will still find an Arab Academy course that will be of use to you.
Arab Academy's Arabic Language programs are structured around your specific needs. When you join, you have several options when it comes to determining the structure of your Arabic language program.
- Information about Scholarships:
1. Arab Academy offers online scholarships for 3 ACTFL members with 3 months of access to the online Arabic program in addition to 1 weekly one on one speaking class.
2. Arab Academy offers onsite scholarships for 2 ACTFL members for 8 weeks of Arab language in its center in Cairo.
The onsite scholarship winners are responsible for all travel to and accommodations in Cairo, and any personal expenses and optional activities.
To be eligible a candidate must be:
- Current ACTFL Member
- Able to demonstrate a high level of interest and motivation for the course of study offered
- Able to show institutional support through a letter of recommendation
- Willing to share the experience gained with colleagues and others
The deadline for this award is March 31, 2014.
Further questions? ACTFL Contact Jaime Bernstein at 703-894-2900 Ext 108.
The programs described on this page are provided solely for the information of ACTFL members. These are not ACTFL programs, and they have not been subjected to any review or vetting by ACTFL. Their presence here does not constitute an endorsement by ACTFL. One can apply for multiple scholarships. Incomplete applications will not be considered.