- About ACTFL
- Convention & Expo
- Professional Development
The Cemanahuac Educational Community Scholarship
The Cemanahuac Educational Community, located in Cuernavaca, Mexico will provide a scholarship to an ACTFL Spanish teacher for two weeks of Spanish language study at any time during 2013! This scholarship is open to college upperclassman and graduate students with the intention to become Spanish Teachers as well as early career Spanish teachers.
The dollar value of this award is $1,083.00, which covers the following:
- registration and tuition for two-weeks of intensive Spanish language study
- housing (double occupancy) with all meals
- one field study trip
The scholarship winner is responsible for all travel to Mexico and Cuernavaca, textbooks, all personal and incidental expenses, as well as for fees for any additional activities or study in Mexico.
To be eligible a candidate must be:
- a current ACTFL Member ( student & new teachers)
- an American citizen whose first language is not Spanish
- able to demonstrate a high level of interest and motivation for the course of study offered
- of a sufficiently advanced proficiency level in Spanish to be able to profit from the course of study
- willing to share the experience gained
Additional details can be obtained by contacting the educational programs coordinator, Vivian Harvey, at:
Cemanahuac Educational Community
United States address:
3106 Walden Ravines
Columbus, OH 43221
or to learn more about the Cemanahuac Educational Community visit their website at: http://www.cemanahuac.com.
The deadline for this award is March 29, 2013. Please submit completed apllication to Jaime Bernstein.
Attn: Jaime Bernstein, Membership Coordinator
American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL)
1001 North Fairfax Street, Suite 200
Alexandria, VA 22314
Ph: (703) 894-2900 | Fx: (703) 894-2905 | E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org