- About ACTFL
- Convention & Expo
- Assessment & PD
ACTFL Research Priorities Project (Phase II) - Request for Proposals
The purpose of Phase II of the ACTFL Research Priorities Project is to support empirical research on five priority areas that are critical to improving foreign language education:
- Research Priority Area #1: FL Teacher Preparation Model Programs: Documentation, Implementation, and Outcomes
- Research Priority Area #2: Profiles of High-Performing FL Teachers in K-16 Settings
- Research Priority Area #3: Language Use in the Community
- Research Priority Area #4: Mentoring K-16 FL Teachers & Classroom Discourse
- Research Priority Area #5: High-Leverage Teaching Practices
Phase II, Stage 2: Request for Proposals (RFP) is now open.
Submission deadline: May 20, 2013
ACTFL is now accepting proposals for research projects in each of the 5 Research Priority areas. Applicants should complete the form below. Selected projects will receive modest funding from ACTFL to defray some of the research costs.
Who should apply? Researchers or research teams who would like to propose a project that addresses one of the Research Priority areas.
When is the deadline? The deadline for RFP Stage 2 is May 20, 2013. Please submit proposals online using the form below.
What will happen next? The Research Priorities Task Force will review proposals. Applicants will be informed of their selection by June 21, 2013. Research projects should begin by Fall 2013.